Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Four Photos, Print Three, One Black & White



These are the four photos before editing:




The picture of the dog was an attempt to have objects at different distances to show depth.  I was standing at an angle to the corner of the room, trying to make the room look bigger than it is.  This is the photo that I converted to black and white because it reminded me somewhat of the “artist a day” photos that I talked about below.  I edited this photo by smoothing out the “cottage cheese” ceiling in the room as well as a few other things.  I wish I could change the ceiling in my house so easily.


The car photo interested me because of the squiggle of light coming off of the hubcaps.  I blurred out the fence so it would not interfere with the car and the motion.


 The koi fish picture was an experiment to see what would happen if I focused on a slow moving object that was mostly in the dark.  I did not edit this picture at all.  After it was printed I wished I had taken out the white spot to the left of the fish. 

The picture of the pine tree was taken on a recent hike on Mt. Baldy.  I was very close to the tree and there was a mountain in the background.  I wanted to see what would be in focus.  I played with the color on this picture, making the greens more vibrant and the sky darker blue.  I liked this picture better than the car photo; however, upon seeing the four printed pictures as a group, this one didn’t fit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment